What to do with kids in Calvi ?
Our selection « Made in Mandarine »
Yes yes, school is over. And soon you will arrive in your holiday home at the Domain Villas Mandarine in Calvi. Whether young or old, we found some fun and cultural activities combining the charms that can provide Corsica: nature and culture. These activities for children can obviously be suitable for adults, because after all, we are still the children of someone.
- Ride donkeys in the pine forest of Calvi or in the villages (particularly from Sant'Antonino).
The Mandarin's team : the donkey, this symbolic animal of Corsica will take you on a discovery through the pine forest and the famous mule tracks or the perched villages. Just seat back, relax, hold on and enjoy the ride !
- For the most adventurers, go horse riding or try an initiation on the pony, in one of the numerous riding schools of Balagne. For the experienced riders: bathing at sunset, horses feet in the water.
The Mandarin's team : we are not riders, but we like particularly the kindness and the professionalism of the managerial employees.
- A visit of the Parc de Saleccia : A Mediterranean flower park ingeniously thought by Bruno Demoustier, landscape painter, at the heart of whom you will find all the vegetation from here and there according to thematic paths. Their extra: regularly propose recreational and creative activities for all the family. Dwarf goats, gooses and ducks are also present ! Celebrate the 10 years of the park, you will understand the expression: "Balagne, garden of Corsica".
The Mandarin's team think it's a delight for the senses !
- Observe the flora and fauna of a river, aboard your kayak in the Fango's mouth, a fragile and protected natural site (only 30 minutes drive from Calvi). Seat back and look for its inhabitants: kingfisher, heron, egret or moorhen alongside European pond turtles and night heron. No need to book. Another walk is an hour or less (6 € / pers.), can easily be combined with a swim in the freshwater holes of the River Fango, ideal in summer to cool down.
On the land
- Travel treetop adventure park risk with A Scimia Calvese in the pine forest with passage of obstacles and tyrolean to end.
The Mandarin's advice : different difficulty levels (from 2 years), green, blue and red. We trust these professionals, eyes closed we go (but not during the course !).
- Mini golf 18 holes, to Calvi. Opened until 11pm, ideal for a moment of relaxation after the dinner (a little bit dilapidated course).
- Biking ! Come and see us at the reception, we provide free electric bikes or scooters for kids !
By the sea
- At the Beach Sports Club you can learn or improve your sailing skills : kayak rentals, stand up paddle, catamaran or an optimist for a ride at sea. Apprenticeships for all ages are available, in joy and good humor of supervisors .
A great spot to have a glimpse of the beach of Calvi from the water and to feel the first sensations on the water. Florence Arthaud, a famous sailor use to come and play in the Bay of Calvi.
- Keen on exploring the underwater wonders of Calvi ? Tempted by a first dive ? Activity accessible from 8 years old and no age limit. For the certified divers, pass your levels in one of Calvi diving clubs (CMAS or PADI). The spots such as the Library, the Pointe de Spano or that of Revelatta, the plane wreck of the B17 bomber at the bottom of the citadel will have no secrets for you.
- Thrill seekers on the water, try the towed gear of Yousseph. Choice of: buoy, banana, flyfish, waterskiing, wakeboarding or monoski, but also the new sensation: the Flyboard or overboard. For a quieter time, paddle and stand up paddle.
- On the beach also, an inflatable structure is installed in front of the restaurant U Pinu. For everyone, under supervision of a lifeguard, compulsory supplied lifevest. Open from 10am - 7pm during peak season (July and August).
- Canyoning and climbing in Balagne with local professional guides. With the summer heat, why not escape the crowds and learn canyoning in the fresh and lively waters of Fango or the forest Bonifato? The guides also offer an introduction to climbing or more technical routes for qualified climbers. From 8 yearsold, half day or all day, follow the guide. A new activity in Balagne with free shuttle from Calvi.
Staying in your Villa
End of the day ? Rainy day ? Fancy a movie? We propose you the only cinema of Balagne situated in Ile Rousse, le Fogata. An alternative is to rent a DVD in Calvi and watch it quietly in your Villa (DVD player on request at the reception). We also have board games at the reception.
And of course, take time to enjoy the games around your pool and your large garden. Do not hesitate to ask for balls, rackets (badminton, table tennis, beach ball), bowling balls ...
We can also arrange the arrival of a baby sitter, time for you to think about other things ... At Villas Mandarine, you and only you give the tempo to your holidays.